Macau Periodical Index (澳門期刊論文索引)
- Fang, Yuanyuan; Meng, Lirong; Xia, Zhijun; Jiang, Tao; Zang, Shulan
- The expression and clinical significance of MRP-1/CD9 in ovarian epithelial cancer
- Journal Name
- Pub. Info
- 2005年9月26日, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 159-162
- CD9；Oviarian epithelial cancer；RT-PCR
- Objective: To explore the mechanism and clinical significance of motility-related protein-1/CD9 in ovarian epithelial cancer. Methods: The expression levels of MRP-1/CD9mRNA were evaluated by using RT-PCR in 36 cases of ovarian epithelial cancer, A6 cases of ovarian borderline tumor, 8 cases of ovarian benign tumor and 8 cases of normal ovarian tissues. Results: The expression rates and intensities of MRP-1/CD9mRNA in tissues of ovarian epithelial cancer (33.3%, 0.63±0.47) and ovarian borderline tumor (66.7%, 1.10±0.40) were significantly lower than that in normal tissues (100%, 1.66±0.31) and ovarian benign tumor (100%,1.52±0.29) (P<0.05). The expression of CD9mRNA in ovarian cancer was inversely correlated with clinico-pathological staging and has nothing to do with histological grading or pathological types (P>0.05). Conclusion: We can find that MRP-1/CD9 may play important roles in carcinogenesis, development, and invasion of ovarian epithelial cancer and it can be thought as an important indicator of biological behaviors of ovarian cancer. Paragraph Headings: 1. Materials and Methods 1.1. Patients 1.2. Procedure of experiment 2. Statistical analyses 3. Results 4. Discussion Tables: 1. The expression of CD9mRNA in ovarian epithelial cancer 2. The crooelation of the expression of CD9mRNA in ovarian epithelial cancer with clinico-surgical- pathological parameter Figures: 1. Agarose gel electrophoresis of RT-PCR- amplified MRP-1/CD9 cDNA, Lane 1, size marker; lane 2 and 3 normal ovarian tissues, lane 4 and 5 benign tumors, lane 6 and 7 border-line ovarian tumors land 8 and 9 stage I and II ovarian cancer lane 10 and 11 III and IV ovarian cancer.